Friday, October 26, 2012

AND SO IT BEGINS.......

Almost all of the happiest and saddest times of my life involve food. From baby showers to funerals - there is no event that doesn't involve at least a 4-course meal.

I can’t restrain myself from trying everything in sight…as long as it isn’t processed (chili cheese fritos & fries are exempt). Yes, I do have boundaries to my lunacy. LOL Don’t bother me with your sodium filled broccoli & cheddar pre-made rice pack. I don’t want anyone’s ‘Just add meat’ one skillet meal. I want quiche, and rolls with real butter, and whipped cream with heavy whipping cream….OOOHHH THE BEAUTY OF REAL FOOD!

Now, of course many say there is nothing wrong with loving good food..and there isn’t, when you control your portions and exercise! Yes my friends….I do NEITHER. Put me in a food coma, spank my ass and call me Sally – but you won’t get me to workout.

It’s not that I hate working out. I’m just very particular because I know exactly what I need to work on to lose the weight. I know how I need to eat….it’s just…I don’t really want to do it. I know I have to be active, so I do things like…park at the back of the mall or grocery store parking lot. Go browsing at Ikea, since it’s humongous and I can literally live in that store if they let me. Walk my daughter to school every now and then, and maybe walk on the beach in the soft sand for 45 minutes...so I'm KINDA doing healthy stuff. Yes? *Smile*

I’m also a firm believer that I must get my portions and what I’m eating in control before I even attempt a workout regimen. If you aren’t fueling your body properly, working out is pointless! Your workouts are miserable because your body is loaded with bad food. It's also pointless if you still are just putting the same calories, carbs and fats right back in!

So… food, to you I say……………we need to re-evaluate our relationship...AGAIN.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Muffintop Manifesto